2013 ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science Annual Workshop
Date: 10-13 November 2013
Location: Cumberland Resort in Lorne, Victoria
The second annual workshop of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science will take place from November 10-13 at the Cumberland Resort in Lorne, Victoria. The workshop will discuss progress and plans in all research areas covered by the CoE, namely, climate variability; tropical convection; climate extremes; and the role of the oceans and the land in the climate system. The workshop is open to everyone working in these areas regardless of their affiliation with the CoE.
The main form of presentation of scientific results at the workshop will be by poster. All participants are encouraged to present a poster. There will be no abstract submissions required, but participants will be asked to provide information on their poster at the time of registration. All oral presentations will be by invitation.
The workshop will start with a social function at 5pm on Sunday, November 10, and will close at 4pm on Wednesday, November 13. Transportation by bus from and to both Melbourne airports (Tullamarine and Avalon) as well as the centre of Melbourne will be arranged on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons. You will be able to indicate your preferences on the registration form. See below for information on accommodation options.
In addition to the main workshop, an Early Career Scientist and Student Event will be held on Thursday, November 14 at the Bureau of Meteorology. Registration for this event is separate.
Please consider attending the workshop and distribute this announcement to colleagues who may be interested in attending.
REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL
ARCCSS Annual Workshop
Early Career Researcher Event
Date: 10-13 November 2013
Date: 14 November 2013
Location: Bureau of Meteorology, Victoria
Click here more information and registration
Registrations close Sunday, September 8.
The onsite accommodation consists of single hotel rooms and 1 bedroom apartments. The apartments have three single beds. Due to the size of our group, not everyone will be able to be accommodated on site. Anna and Swa will arrange bookings at nearby hotels within walking distance if we exceed the rooms available at Cumberland.
Note: accommodation will only be reserved for registered attendees.
- ARCCSS Chief Investigators, Partner Investigators and Invited Speakers will be allocated single rooms at Cumberland for three nights (Sun, Mon, Tue). Please contact Anna and Swa if you will NOT require accommodation for any or all of these nights.
- ARCCSS Postdocs/Research Associates and Associate Investigators will be allocated single rooms at Cumberland or nearby accommodation in the order that workshop registrations are accepted.
- Students will be allocated the one bedroom apartment. We'll do our best to allocate apartments based on room mate preferences. Anna will coordinate this so please email her groups of three names to share
- Non-affiliated attendees will need to arrange their own accommodation. Anna and Swa can suggest some nearby hotel options.
- ECR Event attendees will need to arrange their own accommodation for the extra night. There are plenty of accommodation options in the city which would be convenient.