Early Career Researcher Committee
The Early Career Researcher (ECR) committee consists of one PhD student and one post-doc from each node. They meet every couple of months, and take any concerns, suggestions or feedback that you have to the ARCCSS executive. Your ECR representatives will email you before each ECR meeting inviting your input. To find out more about the ECR committee view their mission statement here.
- Sarah Perkins and Pearse Buchanan were nominated to attend Science Pathways 2016 – Future Leaders, at the University of New South Wales.
- Funding for two ECR projects has been awarded to Sophie Lewis and Claire Vincent! Sophie's funding will help her attend training in leadership and management in the education sector, while Claire's funding will allow her to collect measurements of the tropical sea-breeze from the RV Investigator.
- AMOS 2016 National Conference - ECR Event: This was a huge success thanks to the amazing organisational work of ECR's Stephanie Jacobs and Sugata Narsey.
- AMOS 2015 National Conference - ECR Event with Professor David Schultz 'Crash Course in Conferencing - how to get the most out of it!'
- ECR Committee submission to Australian Government Vision for a Science Nation Responding to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics: Australia’s Future Consultation paper
Funding is available for ARCCSS early career researchers (ECRs, including postgraduate students and research fellows) to lead small projects that extend beyond the scope of their research programs. To apply for funding, please complete the following application form and submit to your node representative on the ARCCSS ECR committee.
Student - Cassandra Rogers
ECR - Benjamin Moebis
Student - Pilar Barria
ECR - Andrew King (co-chair)
Student - Pearse Buchanan
ECR - Eric Oliver
Student - Angus Gibson
ECR - Callum Shakespeare
ECR - Anna Ukkola
- Meeting minutes - 29/1/2016
- Meeting minutes - 27/07/2015
- Meeting minutes - 01/06/2015
- Meeting minutes - 20/04/2015