Winter School 2013- Climate Modelling
Click on flyer image to go to view full details as a pdf
Winter School 2013 attendees- for supplementary material including a Winter School welcome pack, required and recommended prior reading, presentation slides and lab instructions, click here.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science will host its 2nd annual winter school on June 17-21, 2013 at The University of New South Wales in Sydney.
The 2013 winter school theme is Modelling the Climate System.
This is a high-level education program for honours and graduate students interested in climate science. Most students will have an undergraduate background in maths, physics or computational science.
The winter school will consist of a series of lectures and lab sessions delivered by Centre of Excellence researchers from our five universities and partner organisations.
Topics to be covered include:
- Fundamentals of atmosphere, ocean and terrestrial modelling.
- Model evaluation, including modes of variability and extremes.
- Land/atmosphere/ocean coupling.
- Experimental design, detection and attribution and model performance.
- Application examples from current CoE research.
- Numerical methods.
Participants will also receive advice and instruction on a range of research and career skills including:
- The peer review process.
- Research integrity.
- Applying for research funding.
- Career prospects post PhD and postdoc.
- Communicating your science through the media.
Applications are now closed.
For further information contact Melissa Hart.