ARCCSS student affiliation procedure
To become affiliated with the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science (ARCCSS) a student needs to be:
- enrolled in one of our five universities,
- formally supervised by an ARCCSS Chief or Associate Investigator,
- working on a topic aligned with the Centre’s goal- “to resolve key uncertainties undermining the reliable projection of Australia’s climate”.
Students who do not meet the above criteria, or are visiting students, can be kept informed about opportunities available via the Graduate Program for students outside the centre (e.g. winter schools) through our ARCCSS.grad email list. Please contact Swa Rath (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to this list.
Opportunities available to ARCCSS students include:
- Unfettered access to the ARCCSS Graduate Director, Dr Melissa Hart. In addition to leading the ARCCSS Graduate Program, Melissa advocates for Centre students to ensure they get the most from their candidature.
- A welcome pack introducing the Centre and an invitation to a “Welcome to the Centre” videoconference (held twice per year).
- Access to all resources and opportunities available through the Graduate Program, this includes annual winter schools, workshops, training opportunities.
- Eligibility for ARCCSS student prizes.
- The student may also receive financial support for travel to interstate nodes or partner organizations, and for overseas summer schools and research visits. Support may come from their supervisor’s ARCCSS funds, funds held at the student’s university or from centrally held funds in special circumstances.
- Addition to the ARCCSS alumni network on graduation.
Obligations- ARCCSS students are required to:
- Include the Centre as an affiliation in any publications related to their ARCCSS research.
- Be linked to at least one of the Centre’s research programs.
- Report all Centre related activities via the Clever database, including, when the time comes, details of thesis submission and post-graduation destination.
- Provide a photograph and short biography for publication on the ARCCSS website.
There is also an expectation that students will be actively engaged in the Centre. This includes attending annual winter schools.
Students, with guidance from their supervisors, should complete this form. Students will be then added to the Clever database and appropriate email lists, and sent the ARCCSS welcome pack.
If you have any questions, please contact Graduate Director- Melissa Hart.