ARCCSS Videoconference meeting presentations
April 24, 2018
- Sarah Perkins-Kirkpatrick: Climate variability and heatwaves.
- Yiling Liu: The potential prediction skill of mean and extreme climate conditions on interannual to decadal timescales
March 27, 2018
- Angela Wyss: Austral summer precipitation response to ozone deletion in the Southern Hemisphere (contact author directly for presentation slides)
- Christian Stassen: The Hydrological Cycle in GREB and in Climate Change (contact author directly for presentation slides)
February 27, 2018
- Raktima Dey: Investigating Observed Northwest Australian Rainfall Trends in CMIP5 Detection and Attribution Experiments
- Bethany Ellis: An extended record of Indian Ocean Dipole variability from Indonesian Corals (contact author directly for presentation slides)
November 28, 2017
- Saurabh Rathore: Ocean heat content variability (contact author directly for presentation slides)
September 26, 2017
- Benjamin Henley: Variability or change in southeast Australian rainfall and streamflow? New hints from multi-century palaeoclimate reconstructions (contact author directly for presentation slides)
- Kimberley Reid: A Novel Northwest Cloudband Index and Australian Rainfall Variability
July 25, 2017
- Andrew King: From 1.5C to 2C of global warming: Does pattern scaling provide a good approximation for what's to come? (contact author directly for presentation slides)
June 27, 2017
- Tammas Loughran: How does ENSO modulate Australian heatwave variability?
- Nicholas Herold: Indian Ocean warming during El Nino cools surrounding land masses.
May 23, 2017:
- Andrew Kiss: Intrinsic and forced variability of the East Australian Current.
- Ryan Holmes: Oceanic Internal Variability, Tropical Instability Waves and the El Nino-Southern Oscillation
March 28, 2017:
- Christian Wengel: ENSO diagnostics: The Bjerknes stability index vs. the recharge oscillator model.
- Mathias Zeller: Assessing interannual to decadal changes in Pacific Ocean circulation.
February 28, 2017:
- Julian Quinting: Australian heat waves: Does the heat really come from the continent? (contact author directly for presentation slides)
- Christian Stassen: The hydrological cycle in GREB and in climate change
January 24, 2017:
October 25, 2016:
September 27, 2016:
- Christine Chung: Multi-year variability and potential predictability in the South Tasman Sea (early results and analysis)
- Will Hobbs: A conservative analysis of model drift in the CMIP5 coupled models
August 23, 2016:
- Esteban Abellán: ENSO and the southward wind shift
- Jules Kajtar: Decadal drivers of Pacific trade wind variations in observations and models
- Chen Li: Impacts of different types of ENSO on the interannual seesaw between the Somali and the Maritime Continent cross-equatorial flows
July 26, 2016:
- Duncan Ackerley: News items
- Jennifer Catto: Extratropical cyclone classification and how it might be useful
- Andrew Marshall: Impact of the QBO on predictability of the MJO (Dec-Feb)
June 28, 2016:
- Duncan Ackerley: Scope / plan for videoconference meetings for RP Variability
- Duncan Ackerley: Prescribing land surface temperatures in ACCESS1.0
- Byju Pookkandy: Winter-to-winter re-emergence of sea surface temperature anomalies
- Julian Quinting: Dynamics of Rossby waves / Rossby wave breaking
- Christian Stassen: Globally Resolved Energy Balance (GREB) model